Update and PrevX completely disappears

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Fad, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fad

Fad Registered Member

I tried to update manually via the GUI and the process started, but after the tray icon disappeared (which I expected) the update seemed to completely fail and PrevX had apparently uninstalled itself - nowhere to be seen.

An empty folder in the Program Files directory remained, but the program itself just disappeared.

A reinstall fixed this with no problems, but this has happened in the past and was wondering why it happens and what I can do to prevent it from happening again ?!

(W7x64)

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

3. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

It also happen to me but a reboot always fixed it for me so the next time try a reboot after updating to see if that solves your problem!

TH

4. Fad

Fad Registered Member

Thanks for the replies....

@Triple Helix...I will try a reboot the next time it happens (IF it happens again)...it usually works when I have done it before, but have used the Betas in the past and sometimes it has updated automatically, sometimes not.
    I haven`t kept a mental log of which versions I have had installed and at which times it has failed.

@Joe: I got the "online" installer from here this time today..
    http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp

It recognised I needed a 64bit ver. and downloaded it automatically. I have never used that installer before, always going for the specific installer.

It wasn`t a massive problem, but might have confused some people ?
    I just noticed it was unusual today as I don`t normally need to reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.