Update: Adobe Flash Player v11.5.502.135

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by prius04, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

If it was just my laptop that would be cool, but I was relying on Filehippo for two other desktops that don't have high speed internet. I could simply download the executable on high speed then take it home and install it. But now that Flash has gotten bloated to 15MB it would take an hour and a half for each computer. Do that every month or more? LOL, not bloody likely. :D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

So is FileHippo not going to have Adobe's plug-in now & in the future?

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

my browser(comodo dragon) refuses to let me near the download site.:argh:

4. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Me too, i am staying with the 11.4 i had. Besides, i am reading several people having problems with 11.5 in youtube.

And i am tired of the constant holes in Flash and Java, who are fixed, only to introduce new ones. I once had a friend that while IE6 was out, he was still using IE4. He told me "who would purposely target IE4 now that IE6 is out"? I think i ll do the same with Flash...

5. allizomeniz

Daveski, I assumed that's the case with Filehippo but I don't know. The download pages at Filehippo aren't displaying right for me in Firefox, see attached picture. The text should all be further left in the white area.Their Home page and all their other pages are okay, just the downloads. Hopefully it's only a temporary problem on their end.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      125.6 KB
      Views:
  6. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

OK thanks. I am pretty sure that the v11.5.502.135 plug-ins were on their site not long after Adobe released it. Then they seemed to disappear for me. Although I can see DBone's links OK (they look normal when I use Firefox).

Hopefully you're right & its just gremlins of some sort. I take it that someone at FileHippo has been feeding them after midnight.

7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Flash is listed under the 'browsers and plugins' section.

When you click on it then go to right-side of page (which actually lists the beta version) and click on which version you want under 'old versions' which is listed under the 'download latest version' button.

8. DBone

DBone Registered Member

No problem. I prefer to use ~Link removed. See this Post.~ to update Flash. I just select the "Download EXE Installer" for whichever Flash I need.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  9. allizomeniz

DBone, thanks for posting that link, it's exactly what I need. :)

I tweaked my font settings and was able to correct the display issue so it was apparently a problem on my end since others aren't having the same issue. Now I'm leaning toward believing the Flash download situation might be permanent. The Flash links at MajorGeeks also redirect to Adobe's site. But now it's not really an issue, for me anyway.

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.