Unsettling experience with NOD32 trial

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by enduser999, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I am evaluating NOD32 using the trial version and also have AVG installed on the computer. AVG performed its scheduled scan and informed me that two zip files contained Trojan Horse Downloader.Small.19.D. I did a scan of NOD32 using Windows explorer and it showed no infection whatsoever. I also did a scan using virusscan.jotti.org and only AVG and AntiVir found anything in the two files. Sorry but I no longer have the two files as they have been deleted.

:doubt:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Could be a false positive, could be that NOD missed a virus. No way to tell now the files are gone.

3. Mike415

Mike415 Registered Member

I had something like that with 2 files I know werre keyloggers because the guy was disguiding a movie as an exe and a doc as an exe for a game. And NOD didnt pick it up, only Panda did on the sites. One of the sites said it was large runetime packers or wsomething also... I sent the files to NOD and also let the sites use them i thiknk

4. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Trojan downloaders? Aren't these just "harmless" files downloading other malware? If so, then isn't it more important to detect the other malware being downloaded?

5. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Is important to detect both. Many Downloaders kill security processes in order to install malware.
    Anyway no AV detect the 100%, it's human impossible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.