unresolved symbols

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sentrum, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sentrum

sentrum Registered Member

I have had problems installing the “ Acronis True*Image 8.0 Server for*Linux” I have two servers both running Redhat ES3.0 one has the kernel-2.4.21-20.ELsmp and kernel-source-2.4.21-20.EL packages and the other kernel-2.4.21-20.0.1.EL and kernel-source-2.4.21-20.0.1.EL after running the install script ./trueimage-setup and it completing successfully I then go onto running trueimagecmd —list which says “Cannot find the necessary program modules. Please reinstall the program.” I have tried to modprobe snapapi and I get this error message from both machines:

[root@server trueimagelinuxserver8.0-833.d.e]# modprobe snapapi
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol flush_signals
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol kunmap_high
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol get_super
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol unlock_buffer
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol submit_bh_rsector
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol kernel_flag_cacheline
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol register_chrdev
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol __wait_on_buffer
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol blkdev_put
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol bdget
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol get_gendisk
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol set_bh_page
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol __pollwait
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol drop_super
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol highmem_start_page
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol blkdev_get
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol blk_get_queue
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol _alloc_pages
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol kmap_high
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol __free_pages
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: unresolved symbol irq_stat
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o:
    Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
    and it has unresolved symbols. The module may be trying to access
    GPLONLY symbols but the problem is more likely to be a coding or
    user error. Contact the module supplier for assistance, only they
    can help you.

/lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o failed
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-20.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/block/snapapi.o: insmod snapapi failed

The build number of “True*Image 8.0 Server for*Linux” is 833.

Both systems have the stock standard Redhat kernel, not a self compiled kernel.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.