unread mail count

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by SimonW, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Can't directly see anything in the PG log that might be causing this but my logon screen unread mail count seems to be constantly incorrect. I keep re-setting it with TweakUI - but just wondered if ProcessGuard might be in some way causing the query between the login exe and outlook to fail ?

Thanks
    SimonW

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Simon, We have had no reports of Process Guard causing problems with Outlook full or Outlook Express.
    Can you give us any more info' ?

Thanks. Pilli

3. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Hi there,

Probably nothing to do with PG - just seems to be happening since it was installed recently.

(Clean build - XP Pro SP1 & updates - Office 2003 - NOD32 - LooknStop - Spybot - Adaware - TrojanHunter - ProcessGuard with BlockEndTasks and BlockGlobalHooks)

When I have cleared down all emails from within Outlook 2003, press WindowsKey+L to lock the machine, quite often the unread mail count is wrong so I have to use TweakUI to reset.

Don't really know what to else to try either...

thanks
    SimonW

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Simon, It may be worth trawling the MS knowledge base for further information with reference to that lock.
    Also TH does some funny hooking, try disabling that and retest. Do the same with Process Guard the process of elimination could help you tie it down.

5. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll continue to investigate and hopefully pin this down :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.