Unmanaged client

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by durl, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durl

durl Registered Member

I'm currently evaluating NOD32 over Symantec Endpoint, which is what I use at the moment on all of my clients. One feature of Endpoint allows me create an install package that is not managed by a server and still have full functionality. This is exceptionally handy when someone adds a new computer to their site as I can't easily purchase a single endpoint license. Does NOD32 have a feature like this? I was unable to find any way of receiving updates without a proper license.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Two methods: Either use the import/export settings... option on a client GUI that you have configured how you want it and save those settings to a file called cfg.xml. So long as that xml file is in the same directory as the MSI installer when it launches, it will be parsed and the settings used.

The other option is to buy business edition licenses which will entitle you to the Eset Remote Administrator software which you can use to package up a unified installer without having separate msi and xml files. It gives you the ability to use a local mirror and point clients to a management server, but you're under no obligation to do it that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.