Unloading Nod32 for Software Updates

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by oldshep, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

I recently purchased NOD32 as my AV replacement for ZAISS and am very pleased with the performance of this excellent program.

My question is whether NOD32 needs to be unloaded / disabled when performing major software updates on other programs (Quickbooks and Solidworks in this case). I have always unloaded my security software in the past (internet disconnected while my security software was disabled) when doing such updates but I wasn't sure if it is needed with NOD32. If it is a good idea to do so, how is the best way to do it? Just go into each element (A,D,E,Imon) and disable?

Thanks,

Oldshep

XP SP2, IE7
    CPF 2.3.6.81
    NOD32 2.70.16
    Spysweeper 5.2.3.2132

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello Oldshep and Welcome to Wilders !

No , it is not necesary to disable your NOD32 or any protections while updating/installing . NOD32 is fairly light on resourses and fast so it doesn't affect the computer's performance and it cannot harm the installtions/updates . Keep NOD32 always enabled , this is the onliest way to stay protected !

:thumb:

3. oldshep

Thanks HiTech_boy for the quick reply. Easiest way is to leave NOD32 as is (enabled) so I will proceed on that basis.

Best Regards,

Oldshep*puppy*

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !:thumb:

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yep i always keep it on, you never know what nasties may come your way, even from trusted sites.

6. chelsel

chelsel Registered Member

Actually, I had NOD32 and was installing Quickbooks Pro 2007 and the installation NEVER completed... I had to exit NOD32 before QB would finally install. Sounds like a bug in nod32...

Cliff.

7. oldshep

Hey chelsel,

When I began the QB 2007 install, I think there was a message to unload security software? Anyway, I ended up unloading Nod32 prior to the install and it went off without a hitch. I noticed during the install that QB tried to load google toolbar or something which I denied. Anyway, sorry you had problems with it.

It wasn't that difficult to unload Nod32 and I can't see too much of a safety issue if you are disconnected from the internet.

Oldshep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.