Unknown Spyware?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Scott, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott

Scott Guest

Okay I installed Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard and both programs do not seem to stop this current spyware I have running. I even ran Spybot Search & Destroy and removed all found but that still didn't even work! Somehow when I visited a website software (something from Gator Corp) installed itself... Adsomethingorother, as well as this Virtual Bouncer program. Spybot removed them all for me, however, I continually get ads popping up and on top of that I keep getting this message asking me if I want to continue installing some Spyware removal program. Which I wont do considering that it sounds like more Spyware in the first place. Please advise in anyway possible. Nothing else seems to work!

2. AdamAntium

AdamAntium Registered Member

Hello,

Please go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/, and download the latest version of 'Hijack This!'.
    Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log as a .txt file, and copy and paste its contents into your next post.

Most of what it lists will be harmless, so do not fix anything yet.

I'm sure someone will help you out soon once they see your log :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.