Unknown processes that must be known

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by SpikeyB, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

Looking around various forums with HJT log fixing I noticed that the fixers sometimes recommend removal of certain entries (e.g. happyxml.exe). If you search on google for happyxml.exe, there are no references to this file to say what it is or does.

How do the HJT log fixers know that this entry needs to be removed? Do they have their own personal databases of malware?

2. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

3. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

Thanks Tom but no worrries I don't have that file. I just wondered how the guy at the link you posted knew to get rid, even though there's nothing on google about it.

4. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

No worries, i quess they make the assumption that if it isn't supposed to be there > then delete it , unless it is a know program.;)

5. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

There's a HJT tutorial hiding around the place somewhere...I think it was at spywarewarrior. I had a very brief look at it, and if I remember right, the numbers at the start of each row have a meaning...sorry, I've been meaning to go back and read it sometime, but never seem to get around to it, but the advice may be related to those numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.