Universal Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by timeline, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timeline

timeline Registered Member

I am trying a universal restore to a new system to test the restore feature and my backup. The backup is on an external hard drive. I boot with the recovery media and try a restore, the backup file is recognized but it will not detect the target hard drive to restore. I have formatted the drive but it is not found? Any help would be appreciated.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Is that a Sata drive? If it is, it could be that the Recover CD, which runs on Linux, doesn't have the sata drivers. What version and build of True Image are you using?

3. timeline

The build is 8,018. If it requires the SATA drivers how would I add these?

Thanks

4. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Hey Timeline,

That is an old build of True Image Echo (possibly the initial release of echo).

The best thing to try first is updating your build to the latest one (8345) and create a new recovery disc. If your product is already registered, you can login here and get the latest build.

If that still doesn't work, you can contact Acronis support and they can build you a special disc that includes the needed drivers.

Alternatively, you can create a BartPE, VistaPE or any flavor of (there are several) and add the drivers necessary for your system. These rescue disc are Windows based (unlike the Linux version Acronis TI builds) so you have a wider range of drivers that are compatible for your system.

5. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

out of interest ive just logged into my acronis account and 8206 is the latest version of TI echo i see..

is the 8345 a beta?

6. FBMachines

Interesting. It was released on 6-15-2009 and was an official release but now it's gone. I haven't had any issues with the build so I wonder why it was pulled. I know there was a serial number issue with the latest home build but I'm not sure if it rolled over to the echo lineup.

Any incite Acronis?

7. timeline

Thanks for all of these suggestions I will try these.

Again Thanks

8. FBMachines

update:
    Just chatted with Acronis and indeed it was pulled because of the same serial number issue that TI Home 2009 had. They said a new build should be out soon.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Products

timeline if the issue still persists please send us the serial number for your Acronis product via PM (private message) and we will provide you ISO image of Acronis bootable disc which will solve the issue.

kC_ latest builds of Corporate versions of Acronis True Image were removed from update module because of the serial number issues, the same issue Acronis True Image Home 2009 build 9788 had. The issue will be resolved within 1-2 weeks.

Those who are experiencing difficulties installing Acronis True Image Home 2009 with the latest build 9788 use the following scheme to replace the serial number:

1. Log in to your account at https://www.acronis.com/my/
    (!) If you do not have an account, please create one.
    2. Go to http://www.acronis.com/my/products/exchange/ and fill in the form - enter your Serial Number in the Serial number field;
    3. If a Serial Number is invalid, then a new Serial Number will be issued and automatically registered to your account; use this new Serial Number to install the product;
    4. If checking the Serial Number returns the "The inserted serial number does not require replacement. Feel free to use it further with your product" message, then please revert to using the Build 9709 that is available for download at Registered Products and Support. The Serial Number validation issue will be corrected in the next product update, available shortly.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

10. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Great to hear that a new build to fix the serial number issue is coming soon.

Obviously no quality control is happening at Acronis, as this was the same issue for some users back in January 2009 with build 9709 of ATI2009.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  11. Alex Ling

Alex Ling Registered Member

Hi All,

I am having the same problem too!

I had followed the step by step in Knowledge base https://www.acronis.com/r/support/en/kb/502/aur_restore.html had provided seem is not working now.

The old server is IBM xSeries 235 to new server IBM system x3650.

The server is continuous restart after the universal restore from the image.

Please advise.

Thanks.
    Alex Ling

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  12. Acronis Support

Hello Alex,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

Could you please do the following?

Please go to Start -> Run -> type regedit

Find the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\

Make right-click on it -> Permissions. Set Full control for all users.

Re-create the backup image and restore it once again. This error should disappear.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

13. FBMachines

:thumb:

The new build has been released. The build number is 8353 for both ATI Echo WS and Universal Restore. Below is the release notes for the new build......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  14. Acronis Support

Hello timeline,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

If the issue remains please send us the serial number for your version of Acronis True Image with Universal Restore via PM so we can provide you the ISO image of Acronis bootable disc which will solve the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.