Universal Restore without function ?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by werner, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. werner

werner Registered Member

Hallo!

I tried to restore an archive (Windows XP SP2) to a PC with new hardware, but TrueImage Workstation 9.1(+Universal Restore) only made a normal Restore - ignoring the new hardware.
    What was going wrong there ?
    What do I have to consider using Universal Restore ?
    My TI-archive was an image of the first partition of the master-harddrive including MBR.
    Shall I clone the drive with Acronis "Clone-Disk"?
    Which sort of archive shall I use for Restore ?

Many thanks for your tips.

Werner

2. Ralf Benken

Ralf Benken Registered Member

Hello!

I possibly have the same problem as Werner!

The Partition (SCSI) I want to save ist definitely not listet in the dynamic area.
    Universal Restore ist installed. 9.1 build 3.832 (German).

The Problem is, that the screen on which you can choose wether you like to use Acronis Universal Restore or not - never appears...(screen shown in manual 6.3.11 page 47).

I have spent the last three days with tests and my nerves are at the end...

All I want ist do migrate from a normal SCSI (No raid) into a Virtual Server R2 maschine...

can anybody help me and Werber?

Thanks

Ralf

3. Fishstick

Fishstick Registered Member

Similar problem here. I'm trying to restore a full server backup to a new machine, but the acronis 'Use Universal Restore' screen never comes up (The one mentioned on page 47).
    The only option after choosing a source disk is if i'd like to verify my backup archive.

I'm using the newest build (downloaded not 2 hours ago), have tried different versions of rescue media (safe only, full only, both), all with similar results. Neither disk was in a raid array.

4. Ralf Benken

Ralf Benken Registered Member

Hello and good morning!

Call your local support! Our Problem ist definitly a known bug. I have got a special iso-boot-Image from our support (Germany) and the software is now working well.

Ralf

5. SeanFL

SeanFL Registered Member

similar problems with universal restore here... so where's the US version of the new one? What's the best way to get it? I have a workstation that needs to work today and can't seem to get it running with TI and Universal Restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.