Universal Restore to VmWare virtual machine

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by toby77jo, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toby77jo

toby77jo Registered Member

Hi,

I have done a full C: image of my Windows XP installation. I then try to restore it to a vmware virtual machine and everything goes OK until it asks for some drivers. I skip the drivers during the install because I don't know what driver it needs for a virtual machine. I thought a virtual machine is using generic drivers for all devices.

Has someone managed to get this working as it should and could you make a small guide in steps what i need to do for a successful operation.

Thanks in advance,
    Toby77jo

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Toby,

See my post here.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello toby77jo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that you can find instructions on how to use Acronis Universal Restore in virtual environment in the chapter "Using Acronis Universal Restore in virtual environment" of the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. Infopower

Infopower Registered Member

Quoting statement from this press release:

"Acronis True Image backup and restore software directly converts and imports backed up servers stored in an Acronis image file to the VMware Virtual Machine Disk (VMDK) format, allowing physical servers to be seamlessly migrated into virtual machines."

Our customers are now requesting this functionality, based on the above press release. Is there an more concrete ETA on when this functionality will be available in True Image product (as committed to in the above press release)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.