Universal restore, is poor

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ronin69, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronin69

ronin69 Registered Member

To say the least. Having now spent 2 days trying to get it to go past the reboot stage once i select where to restore too im getting pretty hacked of.

Im taking an image from one server to another on a new hardware platform.
    Have created the recovery image fine, whacked it on an external usb drive. Booted from the iso i made that included universal restore.
    Gone to the top option when it boot (cant remember the exact title) Acronis enterprise with universal restore, that then shows a splash screen, goes into a gui and i select the image from the usb drive, then i choose where to restore it too without the mbr, then i hit next and it reboots.

Please read the above section 15 times as thats how many times i have tried this.

The instructions are far from great - "use the universal restore switch" - from where would be lovely!!!!!

Has anyone any ideas before i buy livestate recovery, or is that as frustrating to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.