Universal Restore from Dell Server to Standard Hardware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Unimatrix, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unimatrix

Unimatrix Registered Member

Hello,
    here is my problem.
    We have 30 dell poweredge systems.
    For my desaster recovery plan i will transfer a Dell System to a standard ide Hardware, using universal restore.

after transfering the dell image to the other computer i get no working system.

the win boot procedure hangs after dcdbas32.sys
    to solve this problem i deactivate the on boot driver dcdbas32.sys
    the same problem with mup.sys.

How can i do this job and get a working system?

thanx unimatrix

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Unimatrix,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please try the following tips in order to solve the problem you experience?

1. If there are some errors during the restoration, please try re-creating the image.

2. If you have some special drivers for your RAID/HDD controller, then please force these drivers when the Acronis Universal Restore wizard prompts for drivers (*.inf or *.oem files are supported).

Note that if you manually specify drivers/HAL to be used with Acronis Universal Restore, then the auto detected drivers are not used. In case you select the drivers which are incorrect, Acronis Universal Restore will still use them and system will not boot after the restore. So, please make sure that all specified drivers are correct. You can also try restoring with default\auto detected drivers.

3. If forcing the drivers does not help and the restored operating system still does not boot, please boot the computer from the corresponding Windows version installation CD, hit F6 when prompted and check out whether the drivers work there. If they do not (the RAID/HDD is not detected), then please get the latest version of the drivers (e.g. from the vendor's Web site) and specify them to be used with Acronis Universal Restore.

If nothing of the above helps then in order to investigate the problem you experience we need to provide you with the ISO image of the special version of the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server Bootable Rescue CD allowing creation of the Acronis Universal Restore log. As this can be done via e-mail only, please submit a request for technical support containing the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears along with the link to this thread. We will send you the download link for the above mentioned ISO image and proceed with the investigation of the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  3. volksman

volksman Registered Member

You could also try to hit F7 while the new machine boots. I had this exact same problem with Dell images. Hitting F7 on boot overrode the problem until HWPNP was able to provide the correct modules on the new system.

Hope that helps!

4. Unimatrix

Thanx for you post.
    But the solution wont work.
    For better understanding more details:

I make a Image from a dell poweredge 630 system with 9.1 and universal restore option installed. 1 CPU, SATA raid 1.

Then bring this image to a standard hardware with IDE Controller.
    The boot procedure hangs.

use f8 option from Windows boot menue to see die Driver loding.
    System hangs at dcdbas32.sys. This is a base management driver from Dell,
    for manage the dell server.
    Use windows recovery console to deaktivate this boot driver.

Same problem with mup.sys, this is a normal Microsoft boot driver.

I think the problem is the Open DEll Management Software / Raid Managment Util, If ther is no Raid, the boot drivers wont work. in an ide system you use the microsoft disk management to configure the drives.

o_O

5. Unimatrix

Use the linux based rescue media, there is no problem with universal restore!!

The Barte PE Plugin from acronis dont works, the mustang plugins have the same problem with the universal restore option.

6. Unimatrix

Problem is solved.

Please use this link to mustangs web side.

http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/

Special thanks to mustang for his grand plugin work.

Thread closed.

Unimatrix

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.