universal restore error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kenshin32, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenshin32

kenshin32 Registered Member

ive got this error

Device driver 'acpiapic' for 'Microsoft Windows XP Embedded' is not found.
    Driver for the device is not found neither in operating system nor among additionally specified drivers. Please specify other location.
    : Ignore/ignore All/Cancel

my motherboard is asus that needs VIA SATA raid controllers.

ive got Acronis True Image Enterprise Server® with Acronis Universal Restore® version 9.1 (build 3,854)

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kenshin32,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please make sure you provided the correct drivers for the hard drive/RAID controller you use during the restoration. Usually, the latest version of the drivers can be downloaded from the vendor's Web site.

Please create Acronis True Image Bootable CD with Acronis Universal Restore plug-in, boot your computer from this CD and perform the restoration. Check chapter 10. "Creating bootable media" of the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide for the instructions on how to create Bootable CD.

If you are using the appropriate drivers and the issue still persists, please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step. Please also clarify if you select to restore the entire hard drive or only system partition.

In addition, please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post on the system you have backed up.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. kenshin32

kenshin32 Registered Member

im using windows xp embedded as my OS, but still its XP and its a bug why does it doesnt recognize the parts of the hardware drivers system even if i move and reconfigure XPe directories. I mean, its xp and its working on 64bits system, but when i program for a via raid motherboard, and using universal restore, it doesnt work, and my error in my first post. can you give me detailed explanations to what error i have as i said above, maybe i can fix this myself,

i dont need to create a bootable because im doing the ghosting on a windows vista ultimate 32bit and updated all windows updates.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kenshin32,

Please note that to provide you with the detailed explanation on the error you received we would need some additional information from you.

Therefore, could you please collect the information I have requested in the above post and sent it to Acronis Support Team?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.