Universal Restore Doesnt Work!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mute, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mute

mute Registered Member

When making of a image on a Dell 745 and trying to restore it to a Dell gx260 using universal restore and specifying drivers to be used, it doesn't work. I downloaded dells drivers (executeables, R694854.exe for example) Then extracted them, and selected the .INF file for the driver. It then showed the correct driver name/hardware in the drivers list that would be used. But after restoration the hardware was still driverless.

2. MartinB82

MartinB82 Registered Member

This is NOT confidence inspiring. I am about to perform a restore which may just have an outside chance of needing UR.

How old is that Dell model? (sorry the relevance of that question may be limited)

3. mute

mute Registered Member

Theyre both new, Pentium 4's etc

4. WFO

WFO Registered Member

My experience is the same. You need to burn the .exe's for the drivers to cd or some other media that may be read after first boot. Until the chipset drivers are installed, even USB ports will be useless so cds are a decent option. Your best bet is getting the drivers downloded or copied to the original computer, then make an image, restore to the new computer and the drivers will be there for execution and installation on first boot. I've wasted hours with this. Trust me. :)

5. mute

mute Registered Member

Well apparently in the latest version not only does it pick up HAL and MASS USB drivers but actual device drivers will work now. But anyway, a work around is just put all the device drivers in C:\Windows\INF before you make your master image and XP Should grab them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.