Universal Restore dell image to other hardware PC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by weiyann83, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weiyann83

weiyann83 Registered Member

Using Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server and Universal Restore

facing some problem here.

first i backup the image from dell PC desktop and use universal restore to different model PC desktop, after recover completed, reboot the new PC desktop

when try to login on normal mode even safe mode we tested still cant login to windows.

message show " This Copy of windows must be activated with microsoft before you can log on, Do you want to active windows now?" yes or no, even click yes or no, still prompt out the same windows ask you to key in username and password.

What should i do? :'(

Thanks

2. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Quite often you'll find that some of the larger manufacturers will actually tie the OS to the hardware.

Dell has done it in the past if iirc. But I think the problem you'll be finding that the moment is that the XP license you have for that box may in fact be an OEM license, which tend to be non-transferable.

Try and activate the software.. See what happens, its the only thing you can do. As far as Acronis goes, they cannot circumvent any licensing concerns that involve Microsoft as it would be a rather illegal practice.

Otherwise jump on the horn to M$, see if you can activate over the phone and see what happens.

3. weiyann83

i cant login at all, even i click yes or not, but still cannot login how to activated?

4. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

IIRC, it should bring up the activation screen as a part of the login or there after.

Otherwise re-restore and give it another shot, Its not like you can make it any worse.

5. weiyann83

ya i should bring up the activation screen, but they cant even i restore many time same problem. we have corp license, is that dell computer restore to other pc will having this problem? as my understanding dell pc when during installation they wont prompt the windows ask you to key in the CD-KEY, if you are using dell windows xp cd boot from other PC they will prompt up the windows ask you to key in CD-KEY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.