Universal Restore and device Drivers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jpifer, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpifer

jpifer Registered Member

I'm trying to restore an Image to new hardware using Universal Restore. The old system was a Compaq Proliant 1600. The new system is an HP Compaq ML370.

When I try to restore I specify the array controller driver, which is different in the new system. Universal Restore keeps coming up and asking for a driver for device:
    PCI/VEN_1000&DEV_0030&SUBSYS_00DA0E11&REV_08

I've tried specifying all the drivers I've downloaded. I can keep specifying the array controller drivers and it will keep going, but when the system comes up it locks up where I can't use the keyboard and mouse. I don't think the system is totally locked though. The Windows 2000 screen saver (where control-alt-delete keeps moving on the screen seems to be working).

Is there any way to tell what device it's asking for? I don't think it's the array controller because the OS boots up. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    James

2. jpifer

jpifer Registered Member

I got this working. Rebooting into safe mode allowed me to get the NIC drivers installed. Once I had those installed I was able to get into the system without safe mode and run HP Compaqs Software Support Pack. All is good.

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.