Universal Restore and device Drivers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jpifer, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpifer

jpifer Registered Member

I'm trying to restore an Image to new hardware using Universal Restore. The old system was a Compaq Proliant 1600. The new system is an HP Compaq ML370.

When I try to restore I specify the array controller driver, which is different in the new system. Universal Restore keeps coming up and asking for a driver for device:
    PCI/VEN_1000&DEV_0030&SUBSYS_00DA0E11&REV_08

I've tried specifying all the drivers I've downloaded. I can keep specifying the array controller drivers and it will keep going, but when the system comes up it locks up where I can't use the keyboard and mouse. I don't think the system is totally locked though. The Windows 2000 screen saver (where control-alt-delete keeps moving on the screen seems to be working).

Is there any way to tell what device it's asking for? I don't think it's the array controller because the OS boots up. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    James

2. jpifer

jpifer Registered Member

I got this working. Rebooting into safe mode allowed me to get the NIC drivers installed. Once I had those installed I was able to get into the system without safe mode and run HP Compaqs Software Support Pack. All is good.

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.