Uninstalling SmartSecurity Business Edition

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by avnewbie, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avnewbie

avnewbie Registered Member

Hi all,
    I was desparately trying to fix license issue on the remote administrator server and decided installing Smart Security Business Edition on a Windows Server 2003 machine might fix it. I did not cross check the username and password in the update parameters window of the installation process to see if they were valid. The parameters were already entered and I assumed changing them would result in errors. And now I find out from the Eset support site that its not recommended to install SSBE on a server machine.
    Would someone help me with ideas on how to ununstall SSBE without knowing the correct password? I am stuck here.
    Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

To make sure I understand, is the password you are referring to the password that's used to update the program? If so, you don't need it to uninstall.

This explains uninstalling the product from the RA Console, and this if you wanted to uninstall locally.

BFG

3. avnewbie

avnewbie Registered Member

Thanks for responding, BFG.
    I was able to update the correct username and password using the Update button on the tool. I was able to uninstall Smart Security successfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.