Uninstalling Returnil v.6229

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by dt437, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dt437

dt437 Registered Member

Hi

How do I completely remove all traces of R2010v.6229 from my computer for a clean install of v.6778? I have installed / uninstalled v.6229 3 times while following the uninstall advice such as turn off other antivirus, do not use 3rd party uninstallers etc. However, each new install still shows the old message in the GUI i.e. internal product configuration has been corrupted; there is also the phantom drive issue.

Unlike my XP (2008 RVS), Returnil in Win 7 does not have an uninstall button in All Programs, so I have to use Add/Remove programs. I can't see the point of installing v.6778 until everything v.6229 is gone. What can I do nowo_O?

My OS is Win 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

Thanks.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello dt437 and welcome to the forums :)

The error should clear with a new registration. Please try this and let me know. Further, the next build release will include a more robust installer that can identify and correct incomplete/damaged installations so if the above does not get this resolved, installing the new build (when available) should clear the error and get you sorted.

Mike

3. dt437

dt437 Registered Member

Hi Coldmoon

Thanks for the product development info.
    v.6778 has installed correctly, and, as anticipated, the message board is now clear. In addition, I am very impressed by the amount of control v.6778 gives the end user. The only snag is the phantom drive issue, but this seems harmless and minor compared to the benefits delivered by RVS.

If there are any unexpected problems, I will post back. Your help is much appreciated:cool: .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.