Uninstalling Norton Internet Security 2004

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bounty69sx, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bounty69sx

bounty69sx Registered Member

My 90 day free Norton IS 2004 was almost up so I removed it using add/remove program of Win XP. Is it completely gone? Wiped out? Clean? Just wondering 'coz when I did a search for files containing Norton in it, a bunch of stuff still came up.

After i removed NIS 2004 i installed NAV 2004 and it seems ok. I'm just wondering if there are still remnants of NIS 2004 that I no longer need that are still hogging disk spaces.

Just curious.

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi bounty69sx, ;)

You might like to run either or both of these (free) registry cleaners ... to remove leftover useless keys.

Hoverdesk - Regseeker 1.35 which is extremely user friendly ... make sure make backups is selected in the lower left of the main UI.

JV16 Powertools v1.3 ... this is the last available freeware version of the program ... it's not as user friendly as Regseeker, but you don't have to be extremely advanced either ... link is for 321download.com ...

dog - *puppy*

3. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Don't use the cleaners mentioned in the previous post fiirst.

Go go Symantec.com, Support, don't run the automated support assistant, select NIS 2K4, do a search from "RNIS" in the knowledgebase. It's a reg/dll cleaner from Symantec. Download it, run it, reboot and your system should be clean.

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Include the word Symantec in your file search as there are entries for this also. I cleaned NIS 2003 from a few computers successfully but I did a lot of prep before uninstalling which really disabled a lot of the components and after that I used its own uninstaller and then my registry cleaner - computers do not have a trace of NIS left. Tedious as there are files and folders everywhere :rolleyes: I didn't have to use Symantec's own cleaner as mine was installed from a disc and had an uninstaller included.

I have only found this post so you may have already cleaned up but thought I would post it just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.