Uninstalling Ewido 4

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware beta forum' started by pwillener, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I had to uninstall Ewido 4 beta (for reasons unrelated to the beta test). The uninstall was very quick, but I was surprised to see that the uninstaller was not removed from Add / Remove Programs. I had to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to get rid of it.

I think this should be corrected before the final release.

Attached Files:

2. btman

btman Registered Member

Why? If you just need to uninstall the program like temporarily then keeping the installer is handy because you can reinstall it right away instead of going to www.ewido.com to get the beta again.

3. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

It is handy to keep an Installer, but the problem was the uninstaller entry left in Add/Remove Programs after Ewido was uninstalled. This indicates a problem with the uninstaller and should be corrected before final release.

4. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I do of course keep a copy of the installer in My Download Files.

Maybe it is practical to replace the uninstaller with the installer, but it is certainly not usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.