Uninstalling 3.1

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by redwolfe_98, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i uninstalled PG 3.1 so as to install PG 3.15.. when looking for leftover files after uninstalling PG 3.1, in addtition to "pghash.dat" and "pguard.dat"i found a file called "procguard.dll" in the c/windows/system32 folder.. should i delete "procguard.dll" as part of uninstalling PG 3.1? is it safe to delete it?

thanks..

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

No need to delete that one but if you wish to keep your current settings then you will need to copt pghash.dat & pguard ,dat to another folder - and follow these instructions:

If you are using v3.000-3.100 you can either start fresh with v3.100 by uninstalling v3.000-3.100 then installing v3.150 or use the upgrade I mention below. It is easier to not bother with upgrading your lists and just start fresh by letting learning mode handle things for you in the new version.

The instructions provided below are for more intermediate to advanced users, if you don't understand any of the steps it would be best for you to not bother trying to upgrade your settings.
    If you want to upgrade from v3.000-3.100 and keep all your protection and security lists, follow these instructions.

1) Disable protection in ProcessGuard. Then go to c:\windows\system32 and copy both pghash.dat and pguard.dat to another folder on your system. An example would be to copy them to c:\

2) Uninstall ProcessGuard v3.000-3.100 and reboot

3) Install ProcessGuard v3.150, but when it asks you to reboot click on "NO, I will reboot later"

4) Copy pguard.dat and pghash.dat from the folder you saved them to back into c:\windows\system32

5) Load up regedit and go to this registry folder :-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\ProcessGuard v3.0\

6) Edit the Reboots value, set it to 3. If there is no Reboots value, create a new DWORD value and name it Reboots. Then set it to 3.

7) Edit the BeenRun value to 1. If there is no BeenRun value, create a new DWORD value and name it BeenRun. Then set it to 1.

8 ) Reboot your computer and you should have all your old settings and lists.

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

thanks, pilli.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.