Uninstalled WSA reinstalls itself?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by m00nbl00d, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I just noticed something rather odd. I uninstalled WSA from a system, only to notice that it reinstalled itself (with my beta key) with default settings. I didn't check the system in question until yesterday. I was quite surprised to see it happening. Stubborn little thing... :eek: :D

Has anyone experienced the same before?

2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Did you uninstall it with administrative rights? Could it happen that you uninstalled it from an user account?

3. m00nbl00d

Protected Administrator (Windows 7 x86). I did uninstall it as administrator. I don't recall, but I actually think WSA required me to elevate to uninstall it...

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Do you remember you been taken to Webroot web asking for your feedback after uninstallation? If not, the uninstallation probably somehow failed.

5. m00nbl00d

Yes, I remember being taken to the website. Maybe the process didn't complete successfully... Anyway, I was going to reinstall it, but this was a surprise. It's the first time something like this happens with me, in years. :D

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

OK, it was a mystery nothing more :D Probably your system didn't want to let WSA go and felt it would be better to retain it regardless what you think and/or want :p

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i posted about this a few times before it has happened to me a few times. it even happened once where i uninstalled it then it reinstalled, i uninstalled it again it reinstalled again this went on for about 5 or 6 tries then it finally stopped when i went and deleted the folder that was being left behind it for some reason was not removing itself correctly

8. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    WSA knows better than it's users. :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.