uninstalled TDS-3 with exec protection activated

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by conahay, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conahay

conahay Guest

I uninstalled TDS-3 with exec protection activated and now I cannot remove the TDS folder. Tried booting into safe mode as suggested by TDS support but that didn't work either. Can't re-install TDS and uninstall because I deleted the setup software as well. Suggestions/advise (not too technical please) appreciated. Thanks.

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

From the Help file....
    Blue

3. ravin

ravin Registered Member

if you look in add and remove programs in control panel you should see diamondcs execution protection in the list slect it and pick remove. the execution program is installed seperately. so should be listed. then you can safely delete tds3 folder and contents.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, even though TDS is not updated anymore, there is no urgent need to uninstall it as it will keep functioning for registered versions, only the database will not be updated anymore. But the program itself has lots of very handy tools included, like your exec protection for instance.

5. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi Jooske, tut here, Can I run tds3 on startup as well as Trojan Hunter, ( I am using the trial version of T.H. as I need an updated trojan hunter killer.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You can, they don't bite each other but normally i would always advice to start TDS after all the other startups so either as a link in the startup links or manually so it gets all space to do all the startup scans etc.
    I'm not looking for another scanner yet, as TDS detection used to be rather advanced till recently, taking my time till i know what to expect.

7. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi Jooske,
    Thanks for the advice, I am only trialing T.H. because there will not be any updates for TDS3 so I do need some protection from trojans. Would I be correct in thinking that Exec Protection in TDS3 will catch any new trojan variants even without any latest updates?

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Any trojans would be much said, i'm just not sure, many yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.