Uninstalled NOD V4 and internet is gone

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by softtouch, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

I uninstalled NOD V4 via the nod uninstaller, not the control panel.
    The PC rebooted fine, and my internet was gone.

I am using for the PC a static IP, and saw that it did not have any gateway anymore. When I added the gateway manually, the internet was back. But after the next reboot it was the same story again... no internet, because gateway entry was empty.

I then switched it to dynamic IP, and it works.

What the hell is going on? I have NO chance now to use static IP for that PC since the uninstall of NOD.

Oh, yes, I did SFC etc., tried a repair, but all was ok...

I am using Vista Ulrimate x86.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Are you pulling your DHCP from a broadband router? Or directly from your ISPs modem without a router in between?

3. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

From the router. And with DHCP from the router its working. But for years I had the PC set to use a static IP (192.168.x.x), and no issues ever. Just after uninstalling NOD, the internet was "off", and I saw that the default gateway (which is usually the routers ip) was empty. So I entered manually the routers ip as the gateway, and seconds later Vista detected the internet. But after every reboot, the gateway is again empty.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

is the router ip and gateway something like 192.168.1.254 ? And not the internet facing ip address.
    Are you logged in as admin?

5. Pat40

Pat40 Registered Member

Very interesting because I have exactly the same problem but I did not suspect NOD32. For years, I have used static IP for my Vista SP2 computer without issues with a Netgear router. But recently, problems occured and static IP don't work anymore. On the other hand, Dynamic IP works very well. If I set manually static IP and enter the default gateway (router's IP), it works agains, but default gateway empties itself constantly. I have two other computers, one with XP SP3 and the other with Windows Home Server without any problems with static IP.

6. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

This is well documented, well back to v3.

Eset is yet to fix it.

Reset your Winsock. That'll fix it.

One of the reasons I got off Nod32 - Eset was too unresponsive to bug reports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.