Uninstalled McAfee virusscan Plus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by immit8or, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. immit8or

immit8or Registered Member

Hi All,

I had McAfee Virusscan plus running on my machine for approx 1 year during that time I had no major problems with it -- time to renew came and un beknown to me support for McAfee personal firewall had stopped - they wanted me to upgrade - I found this out after updating my dat rego for another year. I had to uninstall mcafee personal firewall and downloaded sunbelt personal firewall (old kerio) A few days ago I had to restore my computer back a day -- everything else restored OK except for the Mcafee antivirus shield/virus updates -- it wouldn't download the latest virus updates - I kept on getting an error box telling me to reinstall which I did to no effect -- same problem. This was very time consuming so in the end I just uninstalled mcafee virusscan plus for Nod32(2.7_trial) - best move I ever made.
    :thumbd:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

In order to ensure trouble free trial , make sure all tracks of McAfee are really removed . Use their special removal tool which should completely remove anything left.

Click here

P.S. According to your siganture you may have too much security software . In my personal opinion , it is not necessary and is over kill . You may cut down some , such as Stinger and VundoFix (because they are special removal tools not for everyday scan) and Ad-Aware (because other security products will cover it) :)

3. immit8or

immit8or Registered Member

Thanx HiTech_boy,
    I'll uninstall vundo and stinger after this. I used Blackspears settings when I loaded Nod32 -- I will be registering this product next week sometime
    Once again cheers for your help
    :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.