Uninstalled McAfee virusscan Plus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by immit8or, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. immit8or

immit8or Registered Member

Hi All,

I had McAfee Virusscan plus running on my machine for approx 1 year during that time I had no major problems with it -- time to renew came and un beknown to me support for McAfee personal firewall had stopped - they wanted me to upgrade - I found this out after updating my dat rego for another year. I had to uninstall mcafee personal firewall and downloaded sunbelt personal firewall (old kerio) A few days ago I had to restore my computer back a day -- everything else restored OK except for the Mcafee antivirus shield/virus updates -- it wouldn't download the latest virus updates - I kept on getting an error box telling me to reinstall which I did to no effect -- same problem. This was very time consuming so in the end I just uninstalled mcafee virusscan plus for Nod32(2.7_trial) - best move I ever made.
    :thumbd:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

In order to ensure trouble free trial , make sure all tracks of McAfee are really removed . Use their special removal tool which should completely remove anything left.

Click here

P.S. According to your siganture you may have too much security software . In my personal opinion , it is not necessary and is over kill . You may cut down some , such as Stinger and VundoFix (because they are special removal tools not for everyday scan) and Ad-Aware (because other security products will cover it) :)

3. immit8or

immit8or Registered Member

Thanx HiTech_boy,
    I'll uninstall vundo and stinger after this. I used Blackspears settings when I loaded Nod32 -- I will be registering this product next week sometime
    Once again cheers for your help
    :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.