uninstall Spywareblaster 3.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rdh727, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdh727

rdh727 Registered Member

I cannot find ANY information on the Javacool's webpage to uninstall spywareblaster. When I try to do it through Control Paner, it says there is a file missing and it can't be uninstalled. How can I get it off my PC. It is blocking my access to a Domino Web Access to get work e-mail and disabling it does not work. I did not have an issue until I installed Spywareblaster. Bad practice not including uninstall with any software.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi rdh727 :)

Welcome to Wilders.

What was the name of the missing file when u tried to uninstall?

When u say u "disabled it" are u referring to the protection in SpywareBlaster?

Also, what O/S are u running?

snowbound

3. rdh727

rdh727 Registered Member

HI Snowbound,

I am trying to use Control Panel in Windows XP Pro to uninstall. It gives me an error that says it can't find unins000.dat. Yes, I tried disabling Spywareblaster, but it still won't let Domino Access work (my work e-mail program). The only change since my Domino Access worked was the Spywareblaster program, so although it says it is disabling the Spywareblaster protection, it still interferes. I was a little dismayed that Javacool makes little attempt to make uninstalling very friendly. I like the program, but Domino Web Access uses pop up screens to display mail, so I can't have it interfering with that access.

Thanks.. have a great evening.

Rdh727

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

To address this specific problem (had you tried a manual uninstallation attempt before?) you'll need to reinstall SpywareBlaster in the same location as the old version. Then the uninstall should work properly. :)

To clarify this issue:

When you press the "Disable All Protection" item under the Quick Tasks area in SpywareBlaster, no SpywareBlaster protection remains. So if the problem still occurs, you can be sure that SpywareBlaster is not the cause.

Are you sure you haven't installed any other programs or toolbars recently? SpywareBlaster shouldn't be able to cause such a conflict.

And the uninstaller seems to work correctly for 99% of people - in the rare cases that a problem like this occurs, reinstalling "over the top" (as I suggested) should fix the uninstallation issue.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.