Uninstall Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Trooper, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Hi Guys,

What software do you guys recommend for performing a clean uninstall? (Of software programs on my pc).

Something that will clean the registry etc. Is there any freeware or shareware stuff out there worth looking into?

Thanks,

Jag

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  2. Down_Under

Down_Under Registered Member

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Down Under,

Thanks very much for your help. The Total Uninstall looks quite good. :D

Regards,

Jag

4. steverio

steverio Registered Member

I've been trying out Total Uninstall. It does the job fast and reliable each time so far.

5. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Me also Total Uninstall everytime. Very easy to learn, reliable and quick too.

StevieO

6. zcv

zcv Registered Member

Ill chime in here.

Ditto on TotalUninstall.

Regards - Charles

7. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i was just looking at this program - ZSoft Uninstaller. is it better then Total Uninstall.

from the home page
    http://www.zsoft.dk/index.php?goto=software_details&prog_id=4

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Evidently Total Uninstall is no longer available, at least not from SNAP.
    Edit.
    I found it at Major Geeks, but it is not free. Cost is $29.00.
    Jerry

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  10. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Jerry, check 321download.com. ;)

GF

11. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, Guys. I got it and it was at both sites.

G-Force, that is a good site, I bookmarked it. It also has the version 2.35, and the Castle Cop site had the 2.34. I doubt that is much difference. I guess 2.35 is the last free version.

The current version, 3.4, is $29.00.

Thanks again,
    Jerry

12. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Both are good programs, the main difference: ZSoft is freeware;)

13. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Smokey. they are such useful programs. if i didn't have my uninstaller (Ashampoo) i would never install half the amount i do. i'm going to get my friend to install one - TU or ZSU. does anyone know which is easiest to use? i found Total Uninstall abit more complicated then Ashampoo's uninstaller.

14. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Personally I go for Zsoft Uninstaller, IMO it is the best AND free, but the two you mentioned, Ashampoo and Total Uninstall are good too.

My choice:

1. ZSoft Uninstaller
    2. Total Uninstall
    3. Ashampoo Uninstall

15. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Smokey. i'll get my friend to try out ZSoft. but, i'd put Ashampoo above TU without doubt. it's so much quicker and much easier to use to. and it works perfectly. i have an old version. maybe the newer versions of Ashampoo aren't as good as the old :doubt:

16. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Anytime Jerry. Delighted to hear your approval. :)

GF

17. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I just installed ZSoft uninstaller. I do not understand what I see.
    It lists AdAware personal, and Snoop Free with a red X. I don't know what that means as far as the program is concerned.
    Edited It also shows Intel(R)l Pro network adapters and drivers with a red X. In the toolbar the red X says Delete.

Help.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

18. ice60

ice60 Guest

maybe the red crosses mean you didn't use it to install them, so you can't use it to it's fullest if you decide to uninstall any of them.

19. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

My big problem is that I can't find anything that tells me how it works or what the symbols mean. Everything else has a green checkmark, and all were installed before I installed the ZSoft.

Jerry

20. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

sorry i don't know, that's why i was asking if either of them were easy to use. it seems freeware uninstallers are abit complicated, although i could always use TU when i had it with no problems.

21. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

iceni60,
    Thanks for the reply.

Here is the site for support.
    http://forum.zsoft.dk/index.php?board=1.0

I posted a question, but I still do not know how it connects with the desired download. It may be auto, or I may have to put in the address of the download.

Was it obvious how to use Total Uninstall? I may ditch zsoft and go to
    Total Uninstall.

Jerry

22. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Ashampoo is definitely not faster/better than TotalUninstall, if we are talking the latest versions (3,40 for TU), it's very fast and unlike the freeware version 2.35, you don't get any insufficient rights when removing reg-entries, it litteraly removes everything it monitors. Both (well actually all three) valuable programs though. With all the beta's and installs/uninstalls i do, i find the $29 i payed for TU 3 some of the best spent money, not a bad uninstall since buying it. :)

23. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Don Pelotas,

Are there instructions as to how to use TU? I am thinking about how to call it up and connect to the download. I had thought that it worked as an uninstaller only for those programs that it had installed.

I would probably use the free version to see how it worked, and if I liked it.

Thanks,
    Jerry

24. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Jerry, the freeware version of TU is a little more work than 3.40 which is payware, but it works alright when you get to know it, the best tip i can give you is when want to uninstall something, then first uninstall via add/remove, then do a reboot and use TU 2.35 to remove what a normal uninstall leaves behind.

If you don't mind spending $29 for something you will use often, then you should try version 3.40:http://www.martau.com/tu.php it's a trial for 30 days and it is extremly easy to use (& fast), you only use the two buttons called "Install" & "Uninstall". :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.