Uninstall required ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by emmjay, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I have DBPro 10.0 build 9105 and I have just noticed that 10.0.10:1505 is available. I opened my account and downloaded the update, however when I use the installer it abends. The installer did not ask to uninstall the previous version before it died. Should I uninstall the installed version first? If so will it remember my registration and serial number ?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Yes, you should completely uninstall previous build. Don't forget to restart your PC.
    Then install the new version and reboot.

3. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Thank you. I will do that.
    So after the reinstall, does it pick up my registration and s/n from my account (I should keep the internet connection open .... or do I have to write it down and re-enter it) ?

4. Mech_An

you can copy SN & Key to TXT file and save. Then use CTRL+C (copy) and CTRL+V (paste) to enter them during new build installation.

5. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I just uninstalled it and rebooted. It accepts my registration number, but not the serial number. I used screen capture to save the information before I uninstalled it, then I typed it in (sorry I did not see your post on the copy/paste suggestion before I did the uninstall). I typed in the dashes and then again without the dashes, tried zeros instead of 'o' just incase ... nothing worked. Damn it, I should have left it backlevel. I have never come across this uninstall BS before. Every product I have ever had to update did not ask for an uninstall first. What a load.

6. Mech_An

Did you try to connect to Internet and copy registrationm info again?
    Note: there are no 'o' in key only zeros. All '-' should be placed. No spaces allowed.

7. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Hi Mech_An,

As you suggested I went to the website and did a copy of my registration info.
    I made the error of confusing the 'registered to' info with the Product Key'. They are a slight bit different. My s/n info was correct.

Merci beaucoup mon ami.

8. Mech_An

you are welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.