Uninstall problem

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by MichaelE, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelE

MichaelE Registered Member

Sorry to bother experts but i have done it again.
    I cannot uninstall my PG 2 as I get a message saying "unis000.dat does not excist. Cannot uninstall"
    I am not sure what I have done to get into this but if there is any help out there for me to be a happy PG user again please help me.
    All this happened when I tried to move over to the PG3 version. Tried to follow instructions in forum how to do this but must have gooofed totaly!!!
    Reg.
    Michael

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi MichaelIE, If you have you some sort of Reg cleaner you have probably deleted the uninstal key.

Go to Safe mode by restarting your PC and pressing F8 just before windows starts to load.

Or disable process Guard and reboot

Go to *\windows\system32\drivers\ folder and delete procguard.sys

If you are happy working in the registry - Open Start - Run - Type regedit press return. Using the Find type Process Guard and delete all the keys found under that name, probably only two that you can delete and two that you cannot.

Go to your Process Guard folder and delete all the files except your keyfile.

Re-boot your machine and then try the PG3 beta.

HTH Pilli

3. MichaelE

Pilli
    Thank you for instructions.
    I did find your support to me earlier and followed those instructions.
    After hours of struggel I managed to get rid of all obstacles and did install PG2.0 again!!
    The thing is that when I first tried the PG3.0 I had problems with my Mozilla Thunderbird. Would not load and start. I disabled PG 3.0 and still no thunderbird.
    Well got frightened and run back to a restore point without success got even more nervous and made a mess of everything!!!

Well right now I am running PG2.0 but without my previous protec.list. Have to start all over again...
    Am nor sure I have the scill of trying the PG3.0 right nowo_O Or ?? It looked so nice to me the minutes I had it!!!!
    Anyway Thank you for the support in this matter.
    Michael

:D

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

MichaelIE, You should have no problems with mozilla, it probably only needed adding to your protection list and then only if you had not started it whilst in learning mode.
    Please try again and spend a little more time in learning mode running your security & internet enabled applications.

Cheers. Pilli

5. MichaelE

OK one of these rainy days.. :D Maybe
    Thanks
    Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.