Uninstall Problem with Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by redpointe, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redpointe

redpointe Registered Member

I am running XP(home) and have had Spyware Blaster 3.2 for some time now, and most recently updated to 3.3 earlier this year. I went to the update site to download the new edition of Spyware Blaster and the instructions were to uninstall the existing version before activating the new one.
    Upon trying to uninstall, through Control Panel, Add/Delete, I receive the message "unins000.dat is in a format not recognized by this version of the uninstaller". I read Mad Mark post, 4/11, which described the same problem however, I'm not computer savvy enough to manually uninstall as he described (yes I can delete the above file but how do I re install 3.2 version?). I would really like to get the newest version and request help from anyone out there who can advise me how to proceed. Is it possible not to uninstall the prior version and just download the newest version on top?
    Thank you

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey redpointe....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

We should be able to assist you with this un-install problem....but....help me with my confusion :doubt:

You say you installed...."3.3 earlier this year". That is the latest version....so what new edition are you speaking of o_O

Regards,
    Bubba

3. redpointe

Sorry for the confusion. My Spyware Blaster screen cites version 3.2; however, in my program files I have a license agreement, date originated 03/08/05 and also a "read me" file referencing the 3.3 version. That's why I thought I updated earlier, in March, this year. I have Firefox protection on my screen but I'm confused by the screen (and properties) showing it to be 3.2 version.
    Now, having written this, I'm more confused as to what version I have and if it is not 3.3, how do I uninstall 3.2 to obtain the newer version? o_O

4. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

Open Spyware blaster; at the bootom left it tells you the version. If it says Version 3.3 that's what you have.

5. redpointe

Thanks J.............the version noted on Spyware Blaster window is 3.2........what now?

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would attempt to re-install 3.2 after deleting unins000.dat....and then re-installing 3.3.

A) Open SpywareBlaster....and disable all protection....close Spywareblaster.
    B) With Windows Explorer....or however you feel comfortable....delete uninst000.dat from the C:\Program Files\Spywareblaster folder
    C) Download version 3.2 from here---> http://www.javacoolsoftware.net.nyud.net:8090/downloads/spywareblastersetup32.exe
    D)Install 3.2....but do not perform an update or enable any protection.
    E)Just in case it matters....re-boot your PC....and after re-boot....remove 3.2 via Add/Remove Programs.
    F)reboot your PC....and after re-boot....download the latest version of Spywareblaster and install.

Spywareblaster 3.3 download---> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

7. redpointe

Thanks Bubba, I followed your directions through the link to download 3.2 version, however it automatically downloaded 3.3 over what I had (3.2) so now I have the newest version 3.3 and didn't have to remove 3.2.........wonderful!
    Thanks again.

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Whatever works....and you are Welcome [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.