Uninstall F-Secure, install KAV and again F-Secure?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am using a 6 months trial of F-Secure. I want to try KAV6.

Can I uninstall F-Secure and after the trial of KAV again install F-Secure without losing the rest of the trial period?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I'd be careful unless you have something like FDISR. I did just that with the Avast trial and lost the time.

Pete

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks Pete.
    I'll have to consider that. In truth, I am bored with not having a new AV to try. I like KAV 6 on my PC, and will probably end up with either KAV or Avast Home on the laptop.

I just downloaded the trial of KAV, and am not sure when the trial starts. It may be when installed or now that I have downloaded it.

I have tried about all the AVs that I would consider, and like KAV6 the best, but I admit I had rather have a free one if it will be secure enough. I suspect that Avast Home, Ewido, SuperAntiSpyware, UnHackMe, Win Patrol, and Snoopfree would offer adequate security.

Thanks again for the reply,
    Jerry

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

jerryM on the last copy of computer shopper there is a 120day trail for kis but you can just use the anti virus features but i dont know if you can get the issue of the mag anymore

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Lodore,
    Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
    Regards,
    Jerry

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I tried to install a copy of KAV6 to trial on my laptop. I had earlier downloaded a trial copy, but never installed it on the laptop. However, evidently KAV did not know that I had not installed and I could not activate it. At least that is what I am assuming.

I still had the install package of F-Secure, and it installed OK, and I did not lose any time on the trial period.

I put on Avast for a day, but decided that I wanted what I consider a better AV. I will probably put KAV6 on it if the Newegg sale remains at $24.99.

The uninstall of KAV (whatever was on the computer), Avast, and F-Secure went without incident.

So I had wondered if I could reinstall F-Secure trial without losing time. It may be because I had the original install package. I noticed that it had ms on it.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.