Uninstall and Reinstall Problem for Javacool

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by QuinnK, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuinnK

QuinnK Registered Member

Well, I decided to uninstall 2.6.1 and install 3.1 on XP Pro. I knew to remove protection before uninstalling, unfortunately I had a short case of temporary insanity and uninstalled 261 before removing protection. I reinstalled 261 and can remove the protection in the installation setup I downloaded in Oct. 2003, but can't of course remove the ones in updates after that. A system restore won't restore the database, so.... is there any way I can clean out the updated protections from the registry before installing 3.1? I would like to know what would happen if I install 3.1 after removing the protections in my setup file and uninstall, but would prefer to completely clean it up if possible. Is there any way to acquire the latest database for 2.6.1?

Thanks for any help... Quinn

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

While I recommend removing protections in 2.6.1 before upgrading, it shouldn't hurt anything to just install 3.1 after you uninstall the old version. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. QuinnK

QuinnK Registered Member

Thanks for the quick answer, I appreciate that.

Take care... Quinn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.