Uninstall and Reg Clean before at Install New AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larouse, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larouse

larouse Registered Member

Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct forum but like to hear your comments about the best Way or Programs ( Applications Software ) to run after Uninstall AV and before at Install New AV...Like to install one NEW AV but don't like get Reg or cache of the old AV

Thank you

2. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

id use total uninstall to monitor the installation of the first AV, then when its time to uninstall id first uninstall the normal way, then uninstall using total uninstall (removing and leftovers, registry entries etc) then search my hdd for 'norton' or whatever, then search the registry for the same, then run regsupreme/regcleaner/regvac/ace utilities...or maybe in a different order

3. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

well said tahoma.total uninstall + registry cleaners/sys cleaners are the best way in these situations.but users should know what they are doing.thats, i think only users with lil experience should do such things,not novices.monitoring installation and uninstallation of an av/firewall are way different than anyother ordinary software...

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Agree totally. Get TU (free version) at...
    http://www.martau.com/tu2_download.php

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.