uninstall advice V3 - B4 install of V4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by apache, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apache

apache Registered Member

I am sure this will be a simple question for most , but I am am about to update from V3 to V 4 and it would seem that I have to uninstall V3 first.

2. After restarting, confirm that you can see hidden files and folders by clicking Start → Control Panel → Folder Options → View and select the Show hidden files and folders option.
    3. Click Start → My Computer and then navigate to and delete the following folders:

I am doing a 'dry run' to try and check that i haven't missed anything and on point 3 above i can't find any folders to delete. Is it because I haven't yet deleted V3 hence nothing left over or because I have to reboot first and then the hidden folders will appear, if not where do I actually find these folders ?

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

What operating system you are using? Which folders you cant find?

The folders you 'have to' delete must be available before uninstall..

XP:
    C:\Program Files\ESET
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET
    C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\ESET

Vista/7:
    C:\Program Files\ESET
    C:\ProgramData\ESET

3. apache

apache Registered Member

I am using windows XP - sp3.

when I go into start > my computer all i see is files stored on this computer .
    then hard disc drives local disc (c) and devices with removeable storage. i can't seem to find where i need to look for 'folders'.

on the left i have system tasks, other places and details.

do I have to go into my local disc drive (c) and if so what do I look for then?

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Yes those folders are located under the C: drive, you can see the folders "Program Files" and "Document and settings" under C:\.

5. apache

apache Registered Member

Brambb,

thanks you for your replies, would It be easier if I use Revo uninstaller. I have used it once but not sure what 'extra' bits i needed to tick and uninstall after it had completed the first uninstall.

6. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

I don't have experience with Revo uninstaller so I cant tell.

You can also goto those folders if you just write (or paste) the path of it in Internet Explorer.
    So if you start up internet explorer and paste "C:\Program Files\" (without the quotes) a folder will open and there you should be able to see a ESET folder which you can delete after uninstallation.
    Note: %USER% is your username (login of your computer)

If you cant find the folders (or don't know how to) just skip that part and install V4 after a reboot and uninstall of version 3. I'm sure it will work just fine.

7. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

You could try using the ESET Uninstaller Tool.

-Tom

8. apache

apache Registered Member

Just thought I would update you , I uninstalled V3 as per the instructions rebooted and the checked hidden folders and deleted the porgramme one , i checked under 'document and settings but couldn't find anything with eset on it. I have downloaded V4 and all seems fine , one quick question I am on V4 . 2.40.. will it automatically update to the newer version?

9. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Eventually, but if you want it now download and install yourself

10. apache

apache Registered Member

Thanks Cudni, I was just curious.

I will wait a while as I am just getting used to V4, just wondered if it automatically updated , I do get the virus updates just wasn't sure if it also included version updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.