"Unidentified server response." means?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by smith2006, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I encountered this error while trying to update the Virus signature database.

9/24/2007 9:41:32 PM Update Unidentified server response. NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

May I know what causes this?

2. smith2006

I keep hitting this error while updating over the past few days.

The only way to resolve is to restart the computer & do a manual update(even that, I will have to try a few times before it is successful).

By the way, my license key will only expire in May 2009.

Anyone have the same problem?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This error message is returned if the HTTP header is corrupted. This could be caused by a proxy server you or your ISP might be using. Try connecting to the Internet via another ISP if you don't use a proxy to see if it makes a difference.

4. smith2006

Thank you for the response.

THe problem is I am not using any proxy server (other than ekrn.exe for Web access protection).

I have been with this ISP for the past 4 years & I did not encounter any error in the past (using ESET NOD32 V2.70 & ESET NOD32 Antivirus V3.0 Beta 2).

It is unlikely that I can try connecting via another ISP as I have a present contract.

Any other solution?

5. smith2006

Hello Marcos,

Just an update, I have restored the image I backed up before installing ESET NOD32 V3.0 (Beta 2 & RC 1).

After the restoration, I have no problem auto updating NOD32 V2.70.

I guess this has ruled out the possibility of problem due to proxy server or ISP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.