UnHackMe & Blacklight

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JerryM, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have been using UnHackMe for several months, and it runs well.
    I also use, all in real time, KAV 6, Ewido, Snoopfree, SuperAntiSpyware, and Win Patrol.

I note that Blacklight beta free download has been extended until September.

What is your opinion as to the added security of Blacklight considering what I am running?

Added. I did not specify that I am primarily interested in identifying and removing rootkits with this question.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

2. spindoctor

spindoctor Registered Member

Well since Unhackme is signature based from what I've heard, running Blacklight would probably be a good idea because it's not signature based. I still run Blackight and a host of other rootkit scanners, though mainly for backup manual scans.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I installed Blacklight, and tried to scan but three times it "encountered problems, and had to shutdown."

I realize that I could get help and troubleshoot, but it is not worth any effort, so that takes care of that application.

Thanks for the reply,
    Jerry

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I'm not sure about that, but I was under the impression they did update it periodically when rootkits changed their methodology. I'm sure I've seen posts to this effect on their blog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.