UnhackMe and Partizan

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Longboard, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

I was just 'reviewing some tools I have has sitting around for a while:
    specifically I installed UnhackMe with Partizan Trial version 4.7 which I think is the latest.
    This installed the "Partizan" utiltiy which is a boot time scanner.

I checked the options NOT to run the boot scanner and rebooted ( as one might) the PArtizan tool ran and gave me an enormous list of false positives !!
    Included: VMWare, BOClean, DarkSpy, PrevX etc etc etc: NOT impressed.

OK went back into UnHackMe and reset all the lol 'advanced' option to not run and rebooted: again the boot scanner ran....:p

I dont doubt that this 'suite' from Greatis has some utility, they do have some great tools, but, if anyone gives this a go: watch out.

Wiped it.
    Regards

PS also screwed with some of my start-ups at boot: had to reconfigure a bit post uninstall from "add-remove"

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Yeah same thing happened to me. I agree they do have some good tools I own a copy of RegRun platinum (although I actually prefer to use AVZ.) Not impressed with UnHackMe.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I concur. You guys are not alone. I also depend now on AVZ since it's regularly updated now finally after a short absence some time ago.

AVZ runs perfectly! It's like a nice pet that doesn't go astray.

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

AVZ.exe is also stand alone which is always appealing. Partizan is f/p generator.

5. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

Partizan does indeed not go away even set disabled

although it gives alot fp's( the sys files) after setting up tight its a great suite :thumb: , i have it running along Threatfire,LnS and no resident av atm

anyone knows howto get rid off the Partizan(logo) at boot, or is only option to remove from suite/unhackme?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.