Unexpleinable, experts please check!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by kenoby, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenoby

kenoby Registered Member

It is my first post, first thread here and I would like some help :)

I just got a bit paranoid few moments ago when, out of I-don't-know-what moment went to explore SS4 and when I saw network history log my blood pressure dropped.. I have chosen to see activity for last month and what I have found is only upload of cca 800 MB on 14th and 15th of June. For the previous month around 15th some 200MB up/download but that is not that worrying, I guess. Below are the screenshots, please give me some tips, I am getting paranoid here.

I am using Windows 7 x64 RC and SS4. I do NOT use any p2p program, thanks for asking:)

btw, I had noi dea where to post this, but since I seen this on SS4 I thought why not here.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you use windows update or do you have it set on auto update? transferred a file(s) across network (if you have one)?

3. kenoby

kenoby Registered Member

I have auto update enabled but this is 800MB upload not download.
    No network, no sharing anywhere, as far as I know.

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

..just a wild guess..

Windows 7 (and Vista) make a 'crash' reports for everything (failure installing software, bsod, ect) and sometimes with a complete memory dump attached with it, perhaps it been send to microsoft that day, but normally if should ask you for permission for sending those crash reports. (Atleast here in Vista)

Few days ago I deleted around 20GB worth of logs \o/ (going quick when you have 8GB of memory :))

5. kenoby

kenoby Registered Member

I was also having a suspicion about it, especially since it is an RC (lots of telemetry). You might know where I can check for that? Surely it would leave a trace somewhere.

6. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

You can look up the size for error reports in your user profile under AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\

There is also a 'Troubleshooting' tab in control panel where you can see history of error reports. But I don't know if you can also see when they are send.
    In Windows System information --> Software environment --> Windows error reporting .. you can also see all your error reports with a date when it happened, but again no information when it been send to Microsoft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.