unexpected crashes

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by davidg1, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidg1

davidg1 Registered Member

XPilot
    now that is very interesting, many times this cheap computers have an assembly line problem, other times they go on sale (like this model) to just clear up a model with potential problems, of course because they were cheap to buy to begin with makes it problematic to invest on service, will have to think about this one, I might try, if nothing else I hate to just increase the volume of our dump sites.
    David

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Come to think of it, someone I know with a similar rebooting problem eventually traced the cause to an under powered power supply. And it was intermittent also - no recognizable pattern.

3. davidg1

davidg1 Registered Member

Hi all.
    thought will post an update to this thread as you have given time and thought on helping me.
    Finally removed one of the ram sticks and that seems to have resolved the problem, over the years I added different brands and there was a 512MB from Legacy Electronics, the second was a 1GB from Kingston, removed the Legacy and have been running it for about a week without crashes (cross my fingers).
    Not sure why the Memtest did not show any problem, but again been a random event?
    Another comment, during this process I found this site at http://driveragent.com/, offers a free test for all drivers and what needs to be updated.
    Well,that is it, again thank you all for your time.
    David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.