Undetected viruses?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by corded puppet, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corded puppet

corded puppet Registered Member

I opened up an email from my condo association and shortly after got phoney pop ups about having a virus and I needed a free scan. This wasn't from ESET so I closed browser. I did a full scan with ESET and nothing. I did a scan with spy sweeper and it found 9 things. 2 high risk. It cleaned the files, but not sure why ESET didn't stop it. Attaching file to see if anyone has seen these before. Wanted to send to ESET, but not sure what spy sweeper did with the files

Attached Files:

2. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

You can't expect ESET to detect every single rogue out there. I'm sure there are plenty of rogues that ESET will detect that SS will not.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Cookies are not dangerous, ESET doesn't detect them at all. The ObfJS-S thing can be just a webpage with a fake AV interface or an obfuscated javascript code that downloads the actual payload which may be detected. Unfortunately, without submitting those files we're unable to tell if they are valid malicious files or something that shouldn't be detected.

4. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

Oops sorry, I read his post wrong. I thought he posted a rogue screen shot.

5. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

6. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

7 of the 9 risks are just cookies which, as Marcos said, aren't dangerous. You can delete them yourself by clearing your browsing history/cookies/cache. It's misleading if they're stated to be threats.

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Block first and third party cookies If this does not apply to your Browser of choice, refer to the documentation to do this. Cookies are not a threat, per se, they are a Privacy Invasion which can be easily adjusted on your end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.