UNDETECTED SPYWARE FOR SPYWARE BLASTER 3.1(sorri 4 repeating this)

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by bluel2yan, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluel2yan

bluel2yan Registered Member

sorri 4 repeating this but i desperately want it fixed.
    hi, i didnt kno where to put this so i put it here. im having problems. this site www.theserachmall.comas like planted some kinda undetectable cookie or sumthing on my comp it keeps trying to set my homepage to this site. and it keeps creating cookies on my comp, so i moved the folder to another place to make it an invalid place to store cookies.(so basically i cannot store cookies ne more). everytime i goto this certain game site called eng.pristontale.com, it just jumps back to this searchmall.com. I cant stop it. I tried everything i could with the spyware blaster 3.1 and the spywareguard. Nothing worked. This also creates popups sometimes. I hope this can be fixed soon in the next update.

2. ChrisRLG

ChrisRLG Registered Member

We would need a hijackthis log to enable us to help.
    =======================
    Use these to remove Malware (Virus, Spyware and Adware).

First :-
    Spybot S&D and Ad-aware using the settings and links provided Here

Failing those solving your problems a post of a hijackthis log for the experts to advise.
    HijackThis From Here
    or one of these other links:- here or here

Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
    You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT. Unzip HijackThis into this folder. (See this link for graphical instructions)
    Then run, scan, save log, then in notepad copy the FULL log by copy and paste as a reply to this post and an expert with HijackThis Knowldge, will have a go at giving advice. A lot of posters make mistakes here in copying and pasting so reread the left info sidebar called Copy and Paste from Here
    DO NOT FIX ANYTHING WITH HIJACKTHIS WITHOUT EXPERT ADVICE, most of what it finds you need for normal MS Windows tasks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.