Undelete files removed by NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Patnam, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patnam

Patnam Registered Member

Hi !
    When I connected my external hard drive to my laptop, NOD32 has detected multiple faulse positive threats, all beeing folders.
    The Clean button was not available, and by mistake I hit the Delete button (I usually put in Quanrantine so I can make sure I can delete it).

Does anyone know how to recover these folders ? Which rogram is best to use ?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET would never detect malware on folders as such. I assume that malware set the hidden attribute on the folders (maybe renamed them as well) and copied its files on the drive with the folder icons.

3. Patnam

Patnam Registered Member

the mistake is mine, I shouldn't have trusted NOD32...

When the pop-up box cameup, it named several malicious files named after folders name with .exe extension. I never thought it would in fact delete the whole folder !

But the problem isn't here... I need to know if there is a way to recover thoses deleted folders and files.

Does anyone know such software ?

4. Patnam

Patnam Registered Member

SORRY SORRY MARCOS !

Indeed the folders have been put as hidden ! that's great (coz this was my backup !!!).

Do I just need to remove the hidden attribute and all becomes normal again ?

5. vtol

vtol Registered Member

depends a bit on your OS and file system. just look up 'Recover deleted files' and you will find a bunch of recovery software. you may check http://www.easeus.com/, http://www.uneraser.com/

6. Patnam

Patnam Registered Member

Thanks for the links Vtol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.