Uncompress uncompleted message

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Lavrendi, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lavrendi

Lavrendi Registered Member

I receiced four "empty" messages today in Outlook from four different persons. All had the following footer added by NOD32:
    (sorry in French)

__________ Information NOD32 1.923 (20041115) __________

Ce message a ete verifie par NOD32 Antivirus System.
    part000.txt - la decompression n'a pas ete achevee, verifiez la memoire disponible et l'espace disque
    part001.htm - la decompression n'a pas ete achevee, verifiez la memoire disponible et l'espace disque

http://www.nod32.com

How can I fix this and how can I retrieve the content of the message ?

2. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

same thing here but with an attachment in which outlook has blocked, i have tried to open webmail then forward the email to samples@nod32.com but i havnt been able to open the webmail yet.

One of the blocked attachments is: joke.cpl

3. Lavrendi

Lavrendi Registered Member

According to my first correspondant, one of the email was a doc file. I asked him to sent the email back as text file only, not HTML and I received the attachement correctly this time.

The other email is supposed to have a PDF attachement.

I just received feedback from my third correspondant. He told me that he indeed sent an empty email by mistake. I was mislead by Nod32 message in this case.

4. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

In that case then, our cases are different.

I'm getting a few of these emails a day, and i guess because outlook has blocked them, nod doesnt even get a chance to scan the attachment anyway.
    actually if i click reply, it comes up with a email account to reply to which consists of many numbers and letters and then @(more numbers and letters).bigpond.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.