Uncompress uncompleted message

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Lavrendi, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lavrendi

Lavrendi Registered Member

I receiced four "empty" messages today in Outlook from four different persons. All had the following footer added by NOD32:
    (sorry in French)

__________ Information NOD32 1.923 (20041115) __________

Ce message a ete verifie par NOD32 Antivirus System.
    part000.txt - la decompression n'a pas ete achevee, verifiez la memoire disponible et l'espace disque
    part001.htm - la decompression n'a pas ete achevee, verifiez la memoire disponible et l'espace disque

http://www.nod32.com

How can I fix this and how can I retrieve the content of the message ?

2. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

same thing here but with an attachment in which outlook has blocked, i have tried to open webmail then forward the email to samples@nod32.com but i havnt been able to open the webmail yet.

One of the blocked attachments is: joke.cpl

3. Lavrendi

Lavrendi Registered Member

According to my first correspondant, one of the email was a doc file. I asked him to sent the email back as text file only, not HTML and I received the attachement correctly this time.

The other email is supposed to have a PDF attachement.

I just received feedback from my third correspondant. He told me that he indeed sent an empty email by mistake. I was mislead by Nod32 message in this case.

4. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

In that case then, our cases are different.

I'm getting a few of these emails a day, and i guess because outlook has blocked them, nod doesnt even get a chance to scan the attachment anyway.
    actually if i click reply, it comes up with a email account to reply to which consists of many numbers and letters and then @(more numbers and letters).bigpond.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.