Unbootable snapshots...

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Tarnak, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Something has gone very wrong all of a sudden. I have been using the First Defense-ISR for quite sometime. This has enabled me to create several snapshots for testing purposes.

After having problems getting into one snapshot earlier today, i.e windows hanging at "Loading Your Personal Settings", I thought I would try a chkdsk /f in another snapshot. It seemed all was OK, because the system continued, but all that then happened was a BSOD which indicated "Sessions_Initialization_Failed. Trying to boot into this snapshot in safe mode has failed , also.

So after having 3 alternate snapshots installed with WSA, I am now down to my remaining accessible snapshot. I think some change has occurred with v8.0.025 that has led to this problem of (now) unbootable snapshots.

Joe, I hope you can suggest a way to fix the situation. Perhaps a remote session?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you send the crash dump to report@prevxresearch.com? We haven't had any other similar reports so I'm not sure what the issue would be. The crash dump should hopefully help clarify what happened.

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Since I can't boot into the snapshot I can't provide the mini dump.

I have to access C:\ISR and check the relevant snapshot, i.e. 1 thru 4. However, I can't do that for the moment, as highlighting each folder with the mouse shows 'Folder is Empty'.

P.S. Normally, this folder is a hidden (recommended) operating system file.

Attached Files:

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Some good news starting yesterday I was able to get access to one of my inaccessible snapshots.

Tried another snapshot just now, and caught the v8.0.0.38 update, but jeez it was slow loading...but at least it is back!

ScreenShot_WSA_NAV2011_slow loading_01.jpg

Just one other snapshot still to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.