Unblocking Google URLs

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by LittleJud, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleJud

LittleJud Registered Member

Just upgraded to 5. It's blocking all Google instant search. When I click on a search result, it blocks it and doesn't take me to the site. It either shows as nonexistent or redirects me. This is true even with sites I trust. I have to actually copy and paste the web address to actually visit the site. It has always blocked dangerous sites in the past, but my job is search intensive and this is not working for me. Please tell me there is a way to disable this or make it less strict. It does the same thing with all search engines and web browsers on my computer.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I just tried using Google Instant Search on a PC with ESET Smart Security v5 installed and did not experience any problems. Could you post a screenshot so we could see what you are experiencing? That will be helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. LittleJud

LittleJud Registered Member

Say I type McDonald's into the search box. It brings up the standard Google results page. It also brings up this ESET alert box. Then if I copy and paste the McDonald's URL into my browser bar and hit enter I can go to the website. If I try to just click on the result as I normally would, it either brings up a note that the site is unavailable or it takes to me to another site that is NOT the McDonalds website. I have no idea how it's deciding where to send me, but this is ridiculous. No problems until I updated to 5. I'm guessing it has to be some setting that needs to be changed.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.