Unbelieveable Scanning Time

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Steel, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but could it be, that the newest AV-Version 3 Beta needs much more time for the Scanning ?:eek:

OK, I enable all Options, like in depth scanning, but i cannot believe, that 2.70.39 was much more faster in that kind of scanning. What is the reason for that, only the fact that it's still on beta stage ? o_O

2. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

I see the same here. Almost twice the time with the same settings as in 2.7... :doubt:

3. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

i think they support much archives in beta
    see how much scan files in nod32 2.7 and nod32 v3 beta

4. The_Duality

Actually that may well be the cause. NOD never had much unpacker support, but i guess they must have improved it. :thumb:

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The scan speed of both ESS and EA here is equal to NOD32 v2.7's . I expected v3 to be faster but it isn't . To me it doesn't matter as long as it is the same . Perhaps it is (in)compatibility issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2007
  6. The_Duality

Perhaps, but has the engine changed that much? 2.7 works really well on my system. o_O

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe you could check what folder / files ESS takes considerably more time to scan than v2. If you narrow it down to a particular file/folder you might want to zip it and send it to me for perusal. Let me know if you manage to figure that out.

8. The_Duality

Okay ill try and figure that out. Thats going to take me a while though :p

9. Steel

Steel Registered Member

So, can you at this points say anything about, should the V. 3 Beta with the same settings ( Deep Scan ) as the 2.70.39 faster ?

I check my settings again and the result ist, with the same settings ( all Scan Options are enabled ) the 2.70.39 is much more faster than the V. 3 Beta.

Should the V. 3 Beta actually be faster than the 2.70.39 ? Or is the new version much more thorough and because of this fact clearly more slowly ? o_O

I do not understand the fundamental point. Perhaps, because for no improvements or changes are given to the public.

10. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

ESS seems about the same to me. I'm really happy with this app. From here it is bound to improve. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.