Unattended backups to DVD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by edsager, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edsager

edsager Registered Member

I have TI Home 10 and Vista Ultimate and am willing to upgrade to TI11 if one improvement has been made: backing up files to a DVD. I do not want to be with my computer in order to do these backups.

Is there a way to set a schedule to automatically backup selected files onto a DVD?

The entire set of files would be less than 4.5 GB.

I have thought about using commands, but I am unsure as to how or what commands I should use. I thought about installing the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools and using "dvdburn <drive>: /erase".

Is TI11 any better for my needs?

Any better ideas to accomplish what I desire?

Thanks,
    edsager

2. edsager

OK, dvdburn does not work. It needs to have an ISO image to burn after erasing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    edsager

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello edsager,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what exactly you want to perform?

Please note that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (and 11) allows to create a scheduled task to automatically backup selected files onto a DVD, but if the size of backup image is bigger then the capacity of a DVD media then you will have to insert a second DVD (or more) media in order to finish backup procedure.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Churkin

4. edsager

Hello Mr. Churkin:

I am trying to accomplish an unattended backup, but every time I try it, I am asked at the beginning of the backup if I want to format the disk. I want the disk formatted automatically.

I am also asked by Acronis to put in another disk to continue and this request is made after the backup completes the process (Process 1) of adding Media Components (DD and TI Home) to the DVD. The DVD burner drawer opens and I simply close the drawer and tell Acronis to continue.

I want to have small backups (2-4 GB) to DVD occur daily.

Thank you,
    edsager

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello edsager,

Please notice that Acronis True Image does not have an option to automatically erase the present removable media. It is done so there were no possibility to accidentally erase the wrong disk (card, etc.).

Regarding Acronis True Image asking to put in media again: please uncheck the "Ask for first media while creating backup archives on removable media" checkbox in "backup options->additional settings". Please see chapter "Creating backup archives" of the respective User's Guide for more detaile instructions.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.