Unattended Backup Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Avenir, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avenir

Avenir Registered Member

I just purchased TI9.1 Workstation and I have been unable to get a scheduled backup to run unattended. I always get the prompt with the Retry/Ingore/Cancel and it freezes the backup operation.

I am backing up to a separate hard drive, so it's not the 1st media issue. I also have the "Ignore read errors..." option selected.

Can anyone help me with this? It seems from other threads that an unattended backup should be possible - ?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Avenir,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please be more specific and provide us with some additional information?

- Do you use local version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation to perform scheduled task locally or you use Acronis True Image Agent installed on a remote computer and schedule a task on the remote machine?

- Do you back up disk/partition(s) or files/folders?

- What is the exact messages you have received? When exactly have you received it?

We would also recommend that you make sure you use the latest build (3887) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. You can find the build number in the Help -> About dialog. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Should definitely be possible. I run mulitple backups each night, with files automatically uniquely named and old files deleted according to preset limits, all without touching a thing -- without even being home.

Sounds your your getting an error message from the OS. You need to be more specific to get help on the error.

sh

4. Avenir

Avenir Registered Member

Aleksandr ,

Here's the additional info:

1. 9.1 WS using latest build 3887; local version.
    2. Backup of files/folders.
    3. Error message:
    Failed to backup file or folder "\\Win2003\..."

Error performing inpage operation. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF800703E7
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816: Rerty/Ignore/Cancel

shieber,

It is definitely a TI message.

Thank you.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Avenir,

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please clarify where are the files/folders you are trying to back up located.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Avenir

Avenir Registered Member

Unfortunately this seems to be a failed experiment, and a waste of money. Thanks for the replies anyhow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.